Women’s health Physiotherapy
Women’s health Physiotherapy encompasses a huge variety of conditions that may affect women throughout their lives. These include incontinence, chronic pelvic pain, carpal tunnel syndrome as well as conditions associated with pregnancy and early parenthood.
Physio can play a vital role in helping women get the most out of life by:
• Reducing pain
• Improving your ability to exercise or perform other activities of daily life
• Reducing Stress Incontinence [leakage on cough/laugh/sneeze/impact activity]
• Reducing your need to urinate frequently
• Reducing the symptoms of prolapse
• Reducing pain or discomfort during sex
Our aim is to empower women, giving them back control over their health and improving their quality of life.
We want to improve awareness of Women’s Health Physiotherapy, enabling women to understand that there are options available other than relying on incontinence pads or drastically changing their lifestyle [e.g. stopping exercise] as a form of self-management.